Bill Nassikas is a highly experienced hospitality professional. During his career, he spent many years as a Food and Beverage Director for several popular resorts. As the food and beverage director, he was responsible for overseeing the entire food and beverage service aspect of the resorts.
In order to become a food and beverage director, you have to have a Bachelor’s degree in food management or hospitality management. Through the course of the program, you will learn about hiring, menu planning, training, event management, purchasing and inventory control, marketing, and other related skills. Once you receive your degree you will need to gain experience in the field. The experience will help you to gain insight into the field and gain confidence working in a kitchen or restaurant environment.
Food and beverage directors are ultimately tasked with all the purchasing decisions, human resource decisions, as well as which products to carry and the design of the menu. They are responsible for implementing training and overseeing all aspects of guest services. Successful food and beverage directors are creative individuals who take initiative and establish standards for the entire food and beverage operations of a company.
Bill Nassikas is the President and Chief Operating Officer of Westroc Hospitality, a company he founded in 1999. Before starting the company, he served as a Food and Beverage Director for Deer Valley ski resort in Park City, Utah.
Bill Nassikas has more than forty years of hospitality industry experience. Early in his career, he spent time as a Food & Beverage director at a resort, in which he was responsible for creating the entire food and beverage program as well as managing the restaurant. Managing a restaurant requires a balance of business savvy, creativity, and customer service skills. Here are some tips to consider for successfully managing a restaurant.
- Write down what lies ahead for the next day. This includes everything from scheduling to inventory. By writing this down ahead of time, you won’t be caught short during your busy times. Always have a backup plan in place and keep your team busy when things are slow.
- Communicate with both your customers and your staff. Hold regular staff meetings to communicate your goals and make sure to give credit when credit is due.
- Delegate tasks to capable employees. You can’t do everything, so let your employees take on some of the responsibilities.
- Always watch your bottom line. Make sure you are constantly managing your inventory, tracking your sales, and reducing shrinkage so that you know where you need to be at the end of the night, week, month, and year.
- Treat your employees with respect and keep a positive environment. When your employees are happy, they will work harder for you.
Being a successful restaurant manager, like Bill Nassikas takes a patient and pleasant demeanor, a positive team attitude, and excellent customer service skills.
Bill Nassikas is the President and Chief Operating Officer of Westroc Hospitality in Arizona. For more than thirty years, he has been operating and managing resorts across the United States. For hotels to attract and engage new customers, they have had to increase their presence on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Here are some simple tips to help you make the most out of your social media marketing efforts.
- Start a blog and keep it updated with the latest hotel news, activities, shopping and attractions. A blog allows you to provide your guests with suggestions about what to do while staying with you.
- Take control of your online reputation by asking your guests to post reviews on various sites like Yelp and TripAdvisor. It is important that you continually manage your profile on these sites and respond to every review that is left.
- Use your Facebook page to engage your guests by having them post pictures of their recent stay at your hotel.
- To grow your sphere of influence online, be sure to link local companies and attractions in your Facebook and Twitter posts. This can be done by using ‘@’ and their profile name.
These simple things can help you grow your online reputation and fan base and allows you to interact with your guests. Bill Nassikas has been working in the hospitality industry for more than thirty years and has created many successful resorts across the United States.